2020 JUNIOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Registrations for the 2020 season will be open from Monday 13 January 2020 – please read the information below for details.
JUNIOR AGE GROUPS:
Junior players are divided into three age groups:
- MINIROOS KICKOFF 3 to 5 years
- MINIROOS 5 to 11 years
- DIVISIONAL 12 to 16 years
Information on the Miniroos Kickoff program will be available in early February 2020 – this training-only program will start in May (two separate programs, one in Term 2 and one in Term 3).
- Komodo Dragons teams & Girls Development Squads for 2020 have been selected; at this stage there are no vacancies. Registration for other Miniroos-level teams will be accepted until teams are full.
- BYPL teams for 2020 have been selected; at this stage there are no vacancies. For Divisional-level teams (Div 1, Div 2 etc) – a list of vacancies will be published in early 2020; please do NOT register for any Divisional age group until vacancies have been confirmed.
All players are required to self-register online with the Football Federation of Australia (FFA) – the website is called PLAY FOOTBALL. This site will be open for players new to Lions FC from Monday 13 January 2020. Registrations can be done using a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
The first step is to create a Football Account, which will provide you with a simple way to access all of Football’s digital content. To create your Football Account, go to the following website – https://www.ffa.com.au/football-account ; click on “Join Now”; select “Create Account” or “Already Have an Account?”
After creating the Football Account, you will be asked to link any other profiles (previous registrations) which have used your email address; this way you will be able to register all of your children using the same Football Account. You can then Log In and register for the club.
Go to www.playfootball.com.au and click on “Register Now”, and choose the age group for the player you want to register. In the “club finder” section, follow the prompts to find our club, using either the postcode 4077 or suburb Richlands. Please note our club name is LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB LTD (the club named “Lions FC – NPL” is for players selected for NPL teams ONLY)
Click on the club name, and then on the blue “Start My Registration” button on the top right of the page (no need to contact the club first!)
If you are having trouble, please click HERE for a link to the self-registration guide:
For a more detailed step-by-step guide, click HERE
Once you have completed your online registration, an invoice for fees will be emailed to you.
JUNIOR FOOTBALL INFORMATION DAY:
DATE: Sunday 2 February 2020
TIME: 9am – 12 noon
VENUE: The Lion Richlands (Function Room), 133 Pine Road, Richlands
For players new to the club, those having issues with registrations, and anyone who wishes to pay their fees in full by cash/cheque/EFTPOS/Credit Card.
Registration Fees for the 2020 season will be as follows (fees & inclusions for Miniroos Kickoff to be advised):
- MiniRoos (5 to 11 yrs.) $535
- Divisional Teams (12 to 16 yrs) $585
(Other levels eg Komodo Dragons/BYPL are for selected players ONLY)
Registration Fees include the following:
- Player Insurance (FQ), Affiliation Fees to Associations (FFA/FQ/FB); Training Kit, Playing Socks, Lions Backpack, Kappa Football; Sports Medicine/First Aid personnel for all home games; Referee/Match Fees, Presentation Day activities, Team Photo & Trophy, $35 Volunteer Levy (refunded if 5 hours of time is volunteered through the season); Coach Wages, Field Maintenance, Electricity/Water etc. & Membership to Licensed Club for parents.
We have a new Direct Debit system in place for payment of registration fees – if you wish to pay registration fees off in instalments, you will need to sign up for Paypa Plane. All fees are to be finalised by 31 May 2020.
Payment of registration fees (full fees ONLY) can also be made as follows:
- ONLINE PAYMENT – as part of the online registration process on PlayFootball, payment can be made by credit card on the website.
- BANK TRANSFER – our bank details are as follows:
- BANK ANZ
- BSB 014 247
- ACCOUNT NUMBER 836228937
- ACCOUNT NAME Queensland Lions
Please use the player’s surname & age group as a reference, so that the payment can be allocated correctly.
- PAYMENT ON INFORMATION DAY (SUNDAY 2 FEBRUARY 2020) – cash/cheque/EFTPOS/Credit Card payments accepted on the day
FAIR PLAY VOUCHERS (Previously known as “Get Started” vouchers) – If you are eligible for a “Fair Play” grant through the State Government, you can use the voucher as part-payment for registration fees – the next round of applications (Round 2) opens on Wednesday 22 January 2020; for more details,click the logo above or go to the Fair Play webpage:
On behalf of Lions FC, I wish you and your families all the best for the festive season and look forward to an enjoyable and successful 2020 on the pitch.
General Manager -Football, Lions FC