UPDATE (25 FEBRUARY 2019) – Please note the following regarding vacancies in our Junior Community teams:
- For all age groups (Under 6 to Under 16) – please contact the club (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be placed on a waiting list for a vacancy.
We are aware that the new Play Football system is experiencing many issues at present, regarding logging into accounts, linking registrations, error messages etc – we would ask that you please keep trying with this process, and to contact the Play FootballSupport desk for assistance. You may need to change the device you are using (eg try a desktop computer or tablet instead of a smartphone), or change the internet browser (Chrome & Firefox seem to be the best at present) – or try at a different time of day to complete the process.
Please contact the Play Football Support team for more information – email@example.com; or ring 02 8880 7983 (Monday-Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday 10am – 3pm) – times are in Daylight Saving time.
JUNIOR AGE GROUPS:
Junior players are divided into three age groups:
- MINIROOS KICKOFF 3 to 5 years
- MINIROOS (inc. Komodo Dragons) 5 to 11 years
- DIVISIONAL (inc. BYPL) 12 to 16 years
- Information on the Miniroos Kickoff program will be available in early February 2019 – this training-only program will start in April.
- Registration for Miniroos-level teams will be accepted until teams are full (system opens on 14/1/19). Komodo Dragons teams (highest level) for 2019 have been selected; at this stage there are no vacancies.
- BYPL teams for 2019 have been selected; at this stage there are no vacancies. For Divisional-level teams (Div 1, Div 2 etc) – a list of vacancies will be published in early 2019; please do NOT register for this age group until vacancies have been confirmed.
All players are required to self-register online with the Football Federation of Australia (FFA). There is a new registration system in place this year, done through the Play Football website. This website will be open for players new to Lions FC from Monday 14 January 2019.
The first step is to create a Football Account, which will provide you with a simple way to access all of Football’s digital content. To create your Football Account, go to the following website – https://www.ffa.com.au/football-account ; click on “Join Now”; select “Create Account” or “Already Have an Account?”
After creating the Football Account, you will be asked to link any other profiles (previous registrations) which have used your email address; this way you will be able to register all of your children using the same Football Account. You can then Log In and register for the club.
Go to www.playfootball.com.au and click on “Register Now”, and choose the age group for the player you want to register. In the “club finder” section, follow the prompts to find our club, using either the postcode 4077 or suburb Richlands. Please note our club name is LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB LTD (the club named “Lions FC – NPL” is for players selected for NPL teams ONLY)
Click on the club name, and then on the grey “Start My Registration” button on the bottom right of the page.
Once you have completed your online registration, you will be issued an invoice which will be emailed to you.
Registration Fees for the 2019 season will be as follows:
- Mini Roos (5 to 11 yrs.) $500
- Divisional Teams (12 to 16 yrs) $550
(Other levels eg Komodo Dragons/BYPL are for selected players ONLY)
Registration Fees include the following:
- Player Insurance (FQ), Affiliation Fees to Associations (FFA/FQ/FB) Training Kit, Playing Socks, Club Polo, Nike Football; Sports Trainers for all home games; Referee/Match Fees, Presentation Day activities, Team Photo & Trophy, Coach Wages, Field Maintenance, Electricity/Water etc. & Membership to Licensed Club for parents; plus $75 Volunteer Levy (refunded in full if 5 hours of time is donated during the year)
Payment of registration fees can be made as follows:
- ONLINE PAYMENT (for FULL FEES ONLY) – as part of the online registration process on PlayFootball, payment can be made by credit card on the website.
- BANK TRANSFER – our bank details are printed on the bottom of the invoice you will receive from Play Football. Please use the player’s surname & age group as a reference, so that the payment can be allocated correctly.
- CREDIT CARD PHONE PAYMENT – please ring Kathy/Maryke in our Football Office (Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri, 9am to 5pm) to make payment by credit card over the phone – the office will be closed for the Christmas break from Friday 21 December 2018
- PAYMENT ON INFORMATION DAY (SUNDAY 20 JAN 2019) – cash/cheque/EFTPOS/Credit Card payments accepted on the day
GET STARTED VOUCHERS:
If you are eligible for a “Get Started” grant through the State Government, you can use the voucher as part-payment for registration fees – the next round of applications (Round 13) opens in early January; for more details,please see the Get Started webpage (click on the logo below)
On behalf of Lions FC, I wish you and your families all the best for the festive season and look forward to an enjoyable and successful 2019 on the pitch.
General Manager -Football