JUNIOR FOOTBALL AT LIONS FC
For the benefit of those who are new to the club (and perhaps to football?) here is some basic information about how Junior Football is run at Lions FC.
PLAYER REGISTRATION: Registrations for Junior players will be open in early January – there will be further information in December on how to complete the registration process. All registrations are now done ONLINE, and cannot be done prior to the system opening in January 2019.
TEAMS: Teams in the club are divided into two groups – Community teams and NPL teams (including SAP teams)
Community teams are made up of the following:
- Miniroos – ages 5 to 11
- Divisional – ages 12 to 16
For Miniroos teams (ages 5-11), new players to the club can be accepted – however we are restricted to the number of teams we are able to accommodate, and so early registration is recommended.
We also run a training-only program for children aged 3-5 years, called ALDI MiniRoos – this program will start in mid-March 2019, and registration will be available in early 2019 (more details will be published closer to that date)
Within the Miniroos and Divisional age groups are the following levels:
- Komodo Dragons – in the 9-11 age groups, these teams play at a higher level than normal Miniroos teams
- Brisbane Premier Youth League (BYPL) – in the 12-16 age groups, this is the level above Division 1.
Team selections have already taken place for the BYPL, Komodo Dragons, and Divisional (Div 1 & below) teams – we will advise if there are any vacancies in teams early in 2019.
NPL (National Premier League) and SAP (Skills Acquisition Program) teams also play under the Lions FC name:
- SAP teams are for ages 9-12; NPL teams for ages 13-16.
- All SAP & NPL teams for 2019 have been selected, no vacancies are available at the time of printing.
There will be more information available on the registration process in mid-December 2019 – please check back then!